Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Family Rides, Jogging for Judah, and Haiti

It is crazy to think where I was exactly one year ago...somewhere in Leadville, Colorado, training for the biggest cycling event of my life.  I haven't lined up at an organized event in almost a year, but nonetheless have had a blast riding just for the sake of riding.  My mom has even got the riding bug!






Riding with Mark and Laura during our 6th annual WOFF (Weekend of Family Fun).

  The big "racing" event of the summer was the 3rd annual Jogging for Judah 5k run in Stephenville.  All the proceeds go to a chosen family to help with adoption.  This year, my sister's family was chosen!  It was incredible to see so many people come out and show their support.  Zeke ran the mile run and came in 2nd place!  Mati completed her first 5k and met her goal of running the whole way.  I had my work cut out to keep up with those long legs!




 Less than 2 weeks later, our whole family boarded a plane for Haiti to meet Marlee and Jett.  My sister was taking her 5th trip to the country where she and her husband are adopting.  Mati and Zeke were flying to meet their new siblings in person for the first time ever.

 (Aaron delivered some medical supplies for a friend...besides a over-sized bag fee, they made it through.  I still think I should have traveled in the bag and saved an extra plane ticket.)


 Kids meeting for the first time.
 

 
 
 
View from the Bethel House, where Marlee and Jett stay with the other orphans and Dr. B and his loving staff.  Praise God they are in some loving hands as they wait to be adopted.







 

 
It was very hard to say bye (see you later).  We are praying for the day this family will be together for good.  This is what life is all about.

No comments: