Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tour de Gap: Buffalo Gap, Tx

Biketown of Abilene held the annual Tour de Gap this morning.  Aaron rode with his brother, and I rode with my cousin and her husband.  We all did the 27 mile route.  (Stephanie, one of my Tour de Pink buddies, rode 42 miles at the Goatneck ride in Cleburne this morning.  You go girl!)  This was only the second road tour I have done.  The first one was last year in Dublin and I rode by myself.  I was reminded again how much more fun it is riding with friends.

 Pre-game meal...unbelievable.  We went to Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Jimmy's house last night for dinner.  Their son and his wife were in town who so happen to be chefs (Olivia and Lucy's restaurants in Austin are their creations).  Pork chops, peaches, onions.  Should have taken a pic of all the rest of the food.  It was a gourmet feast, not to mention a great meal the night before a long ride.

 I think the Tour de Gap ended up with around 350 participants.  Here the 77 and 52 milers are heading out.

 Aaron and Andrew strategize.  

 Aaron prepares for the next picture.

I'm sure there is a caption for this, I just can't think of it.

Mark and Laura Phillips (cousin) get ready to hit the road. 

Less than 2 miles into the ride, we had to stop for a train. 

We hit one rest stop at the midway point.  There was a headwind the first 13 miles or so, but after this point we had a nice little push at our backs. 

 Here they come!


There they go!

 Buzzy and Carolyn continue to be number one fans!

After the Tour, we stopped by Biketown for Aaron to pick up his new mountain bike.  (It's the furthest one to the left, a sweet Stumpjumper!)  I believe we are all going to hit up Buck Creek Trails in the morning and see how it rolls!  

No comments: