Friday, August 10, 2012

Rehab.

        It's not as good as a trail, or even the road, but I guess it's better than nothing. 

It's been 8 days since surgery and I'm getting cabin fever.  There is a fine line between pushing a post-op limb to its maximum so the recovery time is the minimum, and doing too much so that the recovery process actually gets slowed down.  Overall the knee is doing great.  A piece of cake compared to an ACL recovery.

I've heard many in the world of sports say, "You've got to listen to your body."  I have also heard many coaches (myself included) say something to the effect of, "I know it hurts, but you gotta ignore the pain."  (Or "Pain is temporary, pride is forever."  And "Pain is weakness leaving the body.")  I suppose the coveted wisdom in athletics is... when your body is talking, knowing when to listen, and when to tell it to shut up.

No comments: